First released in 1995, this spiritual classic continues to be a bestseller, as thousands each year accept Marjorie Thompson's invitation to the Christian spiritual life. Offering a framework for understanding the spiritual disciplines and instruction for developing and nurturing those practices, Soul Feast continues to be a favorite for individual reflection and group study. In addition to new forewords from the esteemed Barbara Brown Taylor and Henri J. M. Nouwen, this revised edition also includes new content such as a new chapter on keeping the Sabbath, making this newly revised edition of Soul Feast a must-have.
This newly revised edition will include the following new or updated content:
- An all-new introduction, reflecting on the book's twenty-year history and why ithas remained so popular.
- An all-new chapter on keeping the Sabbath, one of the most life-giving spiritual disciplines in a hurried 24/7 world. It will explore the importance of Sabbath time, and how readers can create space for it when the pace of life seems to be continually accelerating.
- A significantly expanded "Rule of Life" chapter at the end of the book, based onnumerous reader requests for more guidance on how to go about creating their own personal Rule.
- Some refreshed sidebar quotations from spiritual writers to complement the bestones from the prior editions.
- A revised group study guide to reflect the addition of new materials.
For more information, visit soulfeast.wjkbooks.com.